Marine Propulsion Consulting
Shipping is the heartbeat of the global economy,
which makes shipping more immediately vulnerable to economic changes than
other sectors. That's why MPT Consultancy puts the long term economic
aspects of the propulsion solution in the first place. What does the picture
look like if the fuel price doubles, the cargo rates implode or both at
the same time? Today's exciting propulsion solution could become tomorrow's
costly mistake. We think propulsion solutions should provide the flexibility
to weather a storm and keep you ahead in the business.
Over the years MPT Consultancy has developed
a specialization in the application of gas turbines in marine propulsion.
MPT Consultancy can supply a wide range of services involving gas turbines
for marine propulsion:
- Technical feasibility studies;
- Economic feasibility studies and through-life
- Preliminary design studies and concept
- Comparative studies including other propulsion
plants, e.g. diesel, diesel electric, steam turbine, fuel cells;
- Maintenance and reliability studies;
- Drafting of technical and commercial specifications
for tender procedures;
- Review of tender bids, bid selection and
- Project management;
- Supply of new, overhauled and rotable
- Long Term Service Agreement (LTSA) tendering.
Our services are aimed at all parties in
the shipping community:
- Naval architects:
- Gas turbines have a profound impact
on the design and layout of a vessel. Economic consequences are
far reaching as well. We support the design team with technical
and economic data, advice and can be of assisentance in generating
ground breaking solutions;
- Owners / Operators
- Recently gas turbines have made headlines
in the marine business, but is your operating profile suitable for
gas turbine propulsion?
- Diesel and gas turbine manufacturers
habitually contradict each other, but where lies the truth? MPTC
has both diesel and gas turbine knowledge available to help you
make an informed decision on the propulsion plant for your next
- Many technical departments within
shipping companies are headed by former chief engineers with vast
diesel experience, but limited gas turbine exposure. We can introduce
the gas turbine basic and their implications for day to day operations;
- New technologies bring a requirement
for additional design and engineering competence. Many yards find
it too costly to retain a large engineering staff. MPTC brings gas
turbine plant design and engineering competence on an ad hoc basis,
just hire us when you need us. This way you get the job done and
you keep your overhead low;
- Gas turbines come in all makes, types
and sizes. Which one is right for you? Is there and alternative.
With indepth knowledge of the market, MPTC can help you put together
a short list and negotiate a better deal on the equipment you need.
- What are the implications of gas turbine
propulsion for the construction of the vessel, the installation
of the power plant and commissioning of the systems?
- Equipment manufacturers:
- MPTC is in daily contact with the
marine community. Newbuilding projects, design studies and conversions
are opportunities to propose your your products. MPTC can help you
be there when it matters.